Superior Environmental Performance
We care about our communities and operate well below emissions limits. Over 99.9 percent of what comes out of our plant’s stack is what you’d typically find in air - water vapor, nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide. The remaining constituents (as seen below) are well below federal and state standards.
The following data is presented in units required by the facility's permit as averaged emissions.
- CO values are the maximum 4-hr block average for the day.
- SO2 and NOx values are the daily (24-hr) block averages for that day.
- Opacity values are the maximum 6-minute average for that day.
- All emission values reported in units consistent with the permit. CO, SO2 and NOx reported as parts per million, dry gas basis at 7% O2 (ppmdv7), Opacity as %.
- SO2 compliance is based on concentration (ppm) or removal efficiency (% reduction between inlet and outlet emissions).
- The dash symbol (-) indicates that a unit is off-line, has insufficient data for a compliance period or is in an exempted startup/shutdown period.
* Results are provided for informational purposes only and are subject to adjustment based on allowable quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) review. For updated information regarding Covanta’s compliance with its permits issued by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VADEQ), final administrative (non-compliance) orders can be found on the VADEQ website. (Please note – if Covanta Fairfax is not listed, there are no VADEQ compliance orders to report).
For more information on facility performance click here.