Material Processing Facility Overview:
Specializing in assured destruction via energy from waste, Covanta Environmental Solutions Manheim offers complete solutions for the secure handling and destruction of pharmaceuticals, health care and consumer products, as well as raw materials and chemicals.
- Consumer Products Disposal — includes discarded products (toys, cosmetics, toiletries and many other types of consumer commodities) that need to be destroyed due to shelf-life expirations, product recalls, damages, and packaging changes. Services include collection, sorting, packaging, transportation, and guaranteed secure destruction and/or beneficial reuse of these products.
- Pharmaceuticals Disposal — includes more than 20,000 item-specific approvals associated with the Pharmaceutical Industry, ranging from bulk powders and liquids to finished products. Available services range from witnessed destruction to recall management.
- Coating & Chemicals Management — includes managing materials accumulated in various bulk containers, for example; totes, steel drums, sludges, and bulk containers
- Truckload Waste Transfer — on-site transfer station is strategically located near major interstate highways, allowing customers to ship both bulk and finished non-hazardous wastes for disposal.
- Reverse Distribution — the facility maintains a DEA Reverse Distribution registration in conjunction with a waste transfer permit.
- Other Services — FDA Assisted Burns, Witnessed Destruction, Lab Packing, Hazardous Waste Management, Recycling, and Data Management.