Awards & Recognitions
Covanta is proud to be one of the world's largest owners and operators of Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities. But it's truly an honor to be recognized by local, state and federal organizations for our dedication to innovation, safe and sustainable operations and improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Business & Community Excellence
- Covanta President & CEO Anthony Orlando was recognized as the top Alternative Energy Sector CEO in Institutional Investor's 2013 All-American Executive Team.
- Covanta was recognized by the New Jersey State League of Municipalities with its the 2012 Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award for supporting the League's mission.
- Covanta Harrisburg received the “Top Plant” recognition from the power generation trade publication, Power Magazine.
- Covanta Dade received a certificate of appreciation signed by Miami-Dade’s mayor and county commissioner for its continued support of the South Florida After-School All Stars Program.
- Covanta President & CEO Anthony Orlando was recognized among the Top 100 leads in STEM by STEMConnector
- Covanta Montgomery was recognized with the 2014 EPA Clean Air Excellence Award in the Clean Air Technology category.
- Covanta Honolulu received the 2013 Silver Excellence Award in the Waste-to-Energy (WTE) category for H-POWER by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA.)
- Covanta Delano received the Energy and Clean Air Award from the Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce.
- Covanta President & CEO Anthony Orlando was named named one of The National Safety Council’s 2013 CEOs
Who “Get It,” a recognition given to leaders of national and international organizations ranging in size from 90 employees to more than 100,000.
- Covanta Lancaster received the Governor's Award for Safety Excellence for its exemplary commitment to safety and implementation of successful accident and illness prevention programs and practices.